I feel as if I must write some sort of generic introductory/welcome post. But I also just want to dive right into all of the great content I’m hoping to start sharing here.
Here is a super snappy update on what has been going on in my life over the past four months since I nearly vanished from the internet:
- My husband and I separated in October 2018.
- I moved to Tennessee.
- I started working at Lasaters Coffee & Tea in December 2018.
- I’ve made a few new friends and am attempting to live life with intentionality.
- I’m discovering who I truly am as a person rather than basing my opinions/decisions off of what other people think I should be.
That’s the heavily shortened synopsis. I’m sure more details will become apparent over time, but for now that will do. That last point is really the most pertinent one for this post.
I’ve been running a crafting blog on and off for something like 7+ years. I have been defined by my crafting/creative skills ever since I can remember. It has gotten to the point where I’ve started believing that that is the only interesting thing about me.
Which isn’t true. Not in the slightest.
Forcing myself to write every blog post. Feeling as if every word is dry and boring. Months/years of discontentment and dissatisfaction with my content and it’s no wonder I got burnt out.
Enter Milly Noel.
What can you expect to find here? Such a good question!! Nearly every book/blog/Pinterest pin with any sort of blogging tips say to find one or two very specific topics and only write about them. I don’t want to. Here is a list of some blog posts I’m intending to write in the near future:
- Wardrobe overhaul (more than one post) What do I like vs. what do I actually like to wear
- 5 Creative projects I’m working on in January (Feb. Mar. etc.)
- Watercolors (recent pictures I’ve painted)
- Life Sketches (weekly sketchbook sharing) (maybe favorite sketch + story of why I drew it)
- Book review and favorite quote from book
- 23 things I want to do while I’m 23
- Name Change – 5 things to do after a divorce is finalized
- 5 Tips for recognizing a poor relationship
- Self-Respect isn’t Vanity
- Moving back home as an adult
- Is College a must? It’s not too late to learn
Such a mish-mash, but I am more excited by blogging than I have been in a long time! There will still be creative content, but it will take a backseat and I’ll mostly write lifestyle posts. Whether it’s to talk about tips, a good movie, or just to share pictures of a recent outing with friends.
I don’t have a specific scheduling plan yet. I’m still trying to plot my Instagram name change and the posts that will go along with that. Everything is still in the development stages, but I read a Pinterest pin that basically said to start now. No matter what. Just start. So here is my new start.
It’s going to be a fantastic ride.